Our rules for using the school computers and internet
We use the school computers and Internet connection for learning. These
rules will help us to be fair to others and keep everyone safe.
- I will ask permission before entering any Web site, unless
my teacher has already approved that site.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive messages I
do not like, I will tell a teacher immediately.
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age
restrictions and I should respect this.
- I will not look at or delete other people's files.
- I will keep my logins and passwords secret.
- I will only email people I know, or whom my teacher has
- I will ask for permission before opening an email or an
email attachment sent by someone I do not know.
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send a
photograph or video, or give any personal information that could be
used to identify me, my family or friends, unless a trusted adult has
- I will never arrange to meet someone I have only previous
met on the Internet, unless my parent/carer has given me permission and
I take a responsible adult with me.
- I know that the school may check my computer files and may
monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- I understand that if I deliberately break these rules, I
could be stopped from using the Internet or my email address.
We hope that all parents/carers will support us by reminding the
children to follow these E-safety rules at home as well as in school.
|Safer Internet Day - Resource Materials for Parents and Carers